If you answer yes to all of the following questions, you may qualify for the Homestead Exemption program for Tax Year 2024 collected in Calendar Year 2025:
- Will you own and occupy the homestead as the applicant’s domicile on January 1, 2024?
- Will you reach age 65 during calendar year 2024?
- Will you be certified totally and permanently disabled as of January 1, 2024, regardless of age?
- Will you be a surviving spouse of a qualified homeowner who was receiving the Homestead Exemption at the time of death, and who was at least 59 years of age on the date of their spouse’s death?
- In calendar year 2023, will your income be $38,600 or less on your Ohio Income Tax Return (Line 3)? (Includes both the applicant and the applicant’s spouse’s combined incomes).